If you create meta ads for the following areas, you must mark this in the campaign creation via selection of the "special ad category".
- Employment - advertisements for job openings, internships or professional certification programs
- Credit - advertisements for credit card offers, vehicle loans or long-term financing
- Housing - housing advertisements for real estate offers, home insurance or mortgage loans
Choosing the special ad category limits the possibilities for defining target groups for Facebook & Instagram. For example, certain interests or demographics are not available to you.
Follow the steps below to select a specific ad category:
- Open the "Target group" step of your campaign
- Below the Facebook & Instagram criteria, click on "Select specific ad category".
- Choose a suitable category and the country in which the ads will be delivered
- Click on "Apply
This will remove any already selected criteria that is not compatible with the selected specific ad category. In addition, the possibility of selecting new criteria will be limited accordingly.
ℹ️ If you do not choose a specific ad category for ads related to the above described areas, your ads will be rejected by Meta.