Performance Max is a campaign type of Google Ads and is designed to allow advertisers to access the entire Google Ads inventory in a single campaign. It can help reach more potential customers on all Google channels as a complement to keyword-based search campaigns.
In Performance Max campaigns, Google automatically compiles the ads from text, image and video modules. The campaigns are optimized for corresponding targets such as conversions.
Follow these steps to create a Performance Max campaign in adhook:
- Create a new campaign with the goal "Performance Max".
- Choose Google Ads as your advertising network
- Define a target region (General step)
- Create an ad group. The keywords you select here will be added to the Performance Max campaign as so-called "target group signals". If you already collect a lot of conversions and your target group is difficult to describe or narrow, it may make sense not to add keywords here. This way the algorithm has more possibilities to deliver your ads in an optimized way.
- Create an image ad and store as many suitable titles, texts, images and YouTube videos as possible. From this information, Google automatically creates ads in the different Google platforms.
- Define a duration and a budget for your campaign. Choose either maximize conversions or maximize conversion value as the bidding strategy.
- Activate your campaign to transfer it to the selected advertising account.
ℹ️ With maximum performance campaigns, you can increase performance based on your conversion goals and achieve more conversions and a higher conversion value. This requires an appropriately set up conversion tracking on your website. In our article Conversion Tracking with Google Tag Manager you will learn how to set up conversion tracking on your website.
You can have Performance Max campaigns generated automatically for your brands (e.g. business locations) in the same way as all other campaigns in adhook. See the article Generate campaigns .