Group your selected keywords into ad groups so that you can analyze them separately from each other. You can also pause/start ad groups individually, or create ads specifically for individual ad groups.
Follow these steps to create an initial ad group in a Google Ads campaign.
- Create a new campaign
- Select "Google Ads" as the ad network (do not select any other ad networks)
- In the "General" step, enter a target region that you want to use
- In the next step "Ad groups" create a first ad group based on a name. Search for matching keywords and add them to the ad group.
- Create more ad groups and add appropriate keywords to them.
- Click "Next" to go to the "Advertisements" step.
- Create text ads (Google Search Network) or image ads (Google Display Network). By default, the ads are created in all the ad groups you create. If you have created more than one ad group, you can choose which ad group(s) you want to create the ad in.
Create your ad groups according to the topics of your website that you want to promote. Then add appropriate keywords to the ad groups and create separate ads, each of which addresses the topic and uses the appropriate page of your website as a link.