In certain cases, it makes sense to manually publish a prepared post when the time comes to publish it. This makes sense for the following use cases, for example:
- Instagram Stories : Instagram Stories cannot be published automatically by tools like adhook. Therefore, the publication has to be done manually via adhook mobile app (see Create Instagram Story ).
- LinkedIn Document Posts: There is currently no technical integration for tools such as adhook for LinkedIn Document Posts either. Therefore, such posts prepared in adhook have to be published manually on LinkedIn.
- Manual additions: It may be that something specific needs to be added to the post (e.g. tagging people), which is technically not possible in tools like adhook and therefore the post should be published manually.
Follow these steps to publish a post manually:
- Create the content of your post as described in the article Create post for pages
- Activate the checkbox "Publish Instagram post manually" or "Publish LinkedIn post manually" below the post media
- Schedule the post for publication
- As soon as the post is to be published, you as the creator:in will receive a notification via e-mail.
- Open the post in adhook or the adhook mobile app and publish the post directly to the platform accordingly.
The results of a manually published post automatically flow into adhook if automatic import of posts is enabled (see Import posts ).
ℹ️ Contact adhook support if you do not see the option to manually publish posts.
💡 The adhook mobile app for IOS & Android helps you publish Instagram posts by automatically downloading media to your mobile phone's gallery and copying text to the clipboard.